when you yell “puppy!” at a lil doge and they get happy and wag their lil tail like “yess!! i am a puppy!! a baby dog!!! thank you!!!!!!”
When you yell “puppy!!!!” At an old doge and they wag their tail and get all happy like “yes I am still a little doge thank you for noticing! !”
Why Fans Dislike S.E. Hinton: A Beginner’s Guide
Okay so anytime something with the wonderful S.E. Hinton comes up, I’m asked why I dislike her (at least 5 times over) so I’ve decided to make this lovely masterpost of the reasons why I, personally, do not like her. If you don’t like wank, don’t read this; the title should be enough to warn you off of this post if you actually like her.
Here are the reasons I’ve stated before:
- She made gross ableist jokes on twitter and when fans with actual disorders called her out, she blocked them and told them they didn’t know more than she did on the subject.
- She made dubcon jokes about Meg giving Cas spongebaths (while he was in a mental institution) in clearly a sexual connotation and again blocked people who were upset with her about it.
- She is childish toward fans; extremely passive-aggressive, entitled, and blocks anyone who doesn’t share her viewpoints.
- She admitted on twitter—as a sixty-something year old married woman—that Misha (and the other cast members) make her horny. Seems wildly inappropriate and unprofessional to me?
- She follows the cast members around set even when they’re uncomfortable (doesn’t jensen look really happy, as he usually does in pics with her?) and takes pictures with them.
- She calls herself a “privileged fan” and brags about her closeness with the cast members. She also contributes nothing to the show so she probably wouldn’t be allowed on set were she not a famous author.
- She is notoriously reclusive but is unabashed in sharing j2m’s privileges with the entire world.
- She, in an entitled fashion, constantly compares Supernatural to the Outsiders as if the show is somehow drawing inspiration from her. Like, shut the fuck up.
- She has a meltdown/forbids people from writing slash fic about her book The Outsiders—the most homoerotic book of all time—but admits herself to writing Supernatural fanfiction and showing it to Eric Kripke.
- She called destiel a “nonship” because of its lack of canonization and then backtracked by saying she reads destiel fic (I tried going back into the archives on twitter but it won’t let me search past June).
- When fans were upset with her for the dubcon stuff, she tweeted both Misha and Ty and asked them to defend her from “mean fans” (because she is oh so close with them you see!!!). Ty tweeted back in defense of her against fans, which was alienating to fans who felt upset about stuff going on. One of those fans was me as a matter of fact, and I simply tweeted her that she doesn’t have the right to declare what people can and can’t ship and that a lack of canonization doesn’t detract from its legitimacy. I’m such a bully.
- She is incredibly, incredibly annoying and self-entitled, probably because she had a bestseller book published at age 16 and never actually grew up as a result of being spoiled by the book’s attention. That should be enough to warn you off her.